“Investing in multimodal transport infrastructure to optimize the benefits of the African Continental Free Trade Area: a focus on air transport and tourism”, is the theme of the fifth Africa Business Forum will be held on 7 February 2022, on the margins of the thirty-fifth ordinary session of the African Union Assembly of Heads of State and Government.
This year, discussions will focus on the implications of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) for the air transport and tourism industries, related new market developments, technological advancements, and the huge business and investment opportunities in these industries to accelerate economic growth.
The overall aim of the Africa Business Forum is to facilitate and promote an ongoing dialogue between the African private and public sectors, as well as to crowd-in investors, to accelerate collective efforts towards realizing Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want, of the African Union and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Who should attend :
- Commercial airline companies, air navigation service providers, aviation communication providers, and other players along the aviation value chain
- Tourism associations, travel agencies, tour operators and guides, hotels, and other entities in the hospitality industry
- Financial institutions, institutional investors, digital and ICT service providers, and other corporations
- National civil aviation regulators, airport authorities, the African Airlines Association, the African Civil Aviation Commission, and the International Civil Aviation Organization
- Government ministries and policymakers in the transport, infrastructure and trade sectors
- The African Union Commission, the AfCFTA secretariat, development partners and other international organizations
- Innovation hubs, research centres, think tanks and academia
- Civil society representatives, thought leaders, young entrepreneurs and innovators, youth representatives, journalists and broadcasters
The Forum will be held in a hybrid format (online participation and in-person attendance), on 7 February 2022, 10 a.m.– 1 p.m. (East African Time).
Location in-person attendance : United Nations Conference Centre, Addis Ababa
To participate, please register at: https://indico.un.org/event/1000613/registrations/7130/
Source : Africa Aero